Review from Debbie's Dusty Deliberations

"Lone Falcon" by Merrijoy Wennerlind Buist is a book that I'm not really sure what I think of it. I did like it somewhat but somewhat I didn't. It is a story about a girl that is a Christian but when she goes away to college she leaves that life style and something happens that makes her realize that she really needs to get back to her faith.

I really felt Carrie's pain at trying to make her father love her.

I think the reason I have mixed feelings about this book is because I really don't like sports and this story is about rowing, which is what Carrie uses to get her father's love. I also didn't like several curse words, even through the characters using them aren't Christians, but I still don't like reading them in books that are in the Christian genre.

I am glad that Carrie made the choice that she did at the end of the book. I am eagerly awaiting the next book to see what next in Carrie's life.

I am giving this book four stars because the ending is so great.

Janet Curo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join Me on a Lenten Journey

Setting Your Hope in God

Do What they Teach, Not What they Do